A pastor of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church by name, Kevin Swanson, claims God brought the powerful hurricane and flooding on Houston because its mayor is pro-gay.
Pastor Kevin Swanson
‘Jesus sends the message home, unless Americans repent, unless Houston repents, unless New Orleans repents, they will all likewise perish,’ Swanson told his radio show.
You might have been reading about or listening to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) lately on the news, but these are the facts you really need to know about DACA:
1) DACA is a program to protect unauthorised immigrants brought into the U.S as children, also known as dreamers.
2) President Barack Obama in 2012 created the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA.
3) Most DACA recipients aren’t kids anymore, since the policy dictated that immigrants under the age of 15 and who migrated to the U.S before 2007 be eligible.
4) DACA has impacted the lives of hundreds of thousands of immigrants positively as the program enabled them grow educationally and economically.
5) There are over 800,000 recipients of DACA.
6) Trump wants to bring an end to DACA because according to him, dreamers are stealing the jobs of native Americans.
7) If DACA is shut down, hundreds of thousands of immigrants might be deported.
8) Many people think dreamers are valedictorians, high-achieving college students.
9) Most DACA recipients have lived all their lives in the U.S and raised alongside U.S citizens.
10) Former president, Obama, has publicly condemned Trumps decision to put an end DACA.
Former president, Obama, is one of the many people that have spoken out against Trumps decision to bring the DACA program to an end.
Photo by Isa Foltin/Getty Images
Here are a few lines he had to say:
A shadow has been cast over some of our best and brightest young people once again.
To target these young people is wrong – because they have done nothing wrong. It is self-defeating – because they want to start new businesses, staff our labs, serve in our military, and otherwise contribute to the country we love. And it is cruel.
What if our kid’s science teacher, or our friendly neighbor turns out to be a Dreamer? Where are we supposed to send her? To a country she doesn’t know or remember, with a language she may not even speak?
I join my voice with the majority of Americans who hope they step up and do it with a sense of moral urgency that matches the urgency these young people feel.
Featured image credit: Andreas Solaro/AFP/Getty Images
Trump wants immigrants gone because he thinking they are taking the jobs that belong to Americans.
I’m still in shock because THIS America Trump is trying to protect is built on immigrants’ sweat!
Protesters marched from the White House toward Trump International Hotel on Tuesday after the announcement that the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program was ending. Photo: Alex Wroblewski for The New York Times
It’s plain stupid, if you ask me, for Trump to send immigrants that have lived all their lives in the States to homes they don’t know and languages they can’t speak.
What is the assurance in theory that if these ‘unlawful’ immigrants all go away then the employment rate will rise? What is the assurance that America will become any better for it?
I know Trump has his reasons, however shortsighted they may be, but on this one, he’s WRONG. He’s the wrongest.
The Deffered Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) was established by the Obama administration in 2012 in a bid to protect immigrants from deportation, about 800,000 of them.
The so-called immigrants (often called dreamers too) have actually become part of the system that is America today, and Trump wants to throw that all away.
Karen Caudillo (R), 21, and Jario Reyes, 25, both affected by the DACA program, attend a Democratic press conference at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday. Photo by Kevin Dietsch/UPI
Doesn’t make sense to me because it still circles around the white America propaganda.
And Americans are rightfully speaking against it. It is flat-out wrong to send these people to a home they don’t have.
It defies logic.