You might have been reading about or listening to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) lately on the news, but these are the facts you really need to know about DACA:
1) DACA is a program to protect unauthorised immigrants brought into the U.S as children, also known as dreamers.
2) President Barack Obama in 2012 created the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA.
3) Most DACA recipients aren’t kids anymore, since the policy dictated that immigrants under the age of 15 and who migrated to the U.S before 2007 be eligible.
4) DACA has impacted the lives of hundreds of thousands of immigrants positively as the program enabled them grow educationally and economically.
5) There are over 800,000 recipients of DACA.
6) Trump wants to bring an end to DACA because according to him, dreamers are stealing the jobs of native Americans.
7) If DACA is shut down, hundreds of thousands of immigrants might be deported.
8) Many people think dreamers are valedictorians, high-achieving college students.
9) Most DACA recipients have lived all their lives in the U.S and raised alongside U.S citizens.
10) Former president, Obama, has publicly condemned Trumps decision to put an end DACA.